Social Media Designer
We are looking for a creative and organized social media designer who can create engaging and on-brand content for our social media channels. This individual will design and produce photography and video content and own visual content creation from start to finish. They will work alongside our creative director and copywriter, and report into our e-commerce director. This position is a 4-month contract role with the potential opportunity for extension.
Interested? Send your resumé and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Acid League
We are an Ontario-based food startup focused on enabling the culinarily curious to unleash the potential of their kitchen through experimental flavour. Featured in Food & Wine, Forbes, and The Kitchn, we are changing the way people think about acidity. We are a small but mighty team of strategists, food scientists, writers, and designers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop original photography, gifs, and videos for use on social media
- Work with our copywriter to generate content ideas for social media
- Project manage content creation from start to finish
- Community manage all social media accounts, including reposting and interacting with followers
- Own and manage our content calendar
- Leverage social media metrics to optimize content
Knowledge and skills
- Photo/Video Editing
- Design and Layout Skills
- Working Knowledge of Design Software (Canva, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign)
- Self-starter who can independently generate on-brand ideas and execute them
- Thrives in ambiguity; can make decisions and push projects forward in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about food and beverage
- Previous experience in social media/community management is a plus
- Post-secondary graduate
- Post-secondary graduate in design, advertising, photography, communications, or a related field.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada (Canadian Citizen, PR or granted refugee status)
Work terms of the internship are with Digital Skills for Youth Program, funded by the Government of Canada.