We are seeking a creative and organized designer with experience in—and passion for—food culture. This person is a team player who is also comfortable designing and developing visual content from start to finish. They will work alongside our cross functional brand team to help shape Acid League’s identity in both digital and physical channels.
Location: Greater Toronto Area (*NOTE: Due to COVID-19, this role is 100% remote until further notice. We are monitoring the situation and will continue to make the safety of our team a top priority).
- Design compelling brand assets for digital channels (social media, social advertising, email marketing, web) and physical channels/IRL (print collateral, packaging, retail signage and merchandising, event)
- Collaborate with the brand team to ideate and execute on unique brand concepts and content that help Acid League break through in today's busy food media landscape
- Manage multiple projects and priorities as part of cross-functional team within a fast moving company
- Produce mock-ups and prototypes on the path to final artwork files
- Handover clean and well organized final artwork files to production designer to prepare proofs for print
- 4-8 years of experience as a designer (experience with CPG and Direct to Consumer (DTC) brands strongly preferred)
- Experience designing branded assets across a wide range of channels and formats
- Foundational understanding of print production processes and parameters
- Design and Layout Skills (Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites with a core focus on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Photography and photo editing (*motion graphics and/or video editing are a bonus)
- Self starter who isn’t frightened by ambiguity; can make decisions and confidently push projects forward
- Innately curious; lover of food culture
- Passion for design, typography, art, photography
- Conscientiousness, confident communicator, accountability, and attention to detail
Post-secondary graduate in design, advertising, photography, communications, or a related field.
WHAT WE NEED
- Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your cover letter, tell us about one food/beverage brand you love personally, and one that you admire professionally
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We strongly encourage individuals from communities that are underrepresented in the packaged foods, marketing, or design industries to apply for this position. We see diversity and inclusion as a core strength for business, and society, and we strive to make Acid League a great place for all to work.